Friday, October 17, 2014

Sleep or the lack thereof

Baby girl is asleep and Daddy is working tonight and all day tomorrow, so I'm going to keep it short and enjoy some alone time to relax and maybe go to bed early. The problem with that is that I'm a night owl, and when baby girl's wake up time varies between 6 and 9:30, I really need to sleep when she does. Today was a 9:30 sleep-in day, and it was wonderful. I actually woke up and went to check that she was ok. And then she caught me and smiled up at me as if to say "I did good. Now I'm awake, so get me out of this swaddle and pick me up."
I have been known to read late into the night (or early into the morning), but my new routine is to be in bed by 9:30ish and asleep by 10 if possible. That doesn't always happen, but with baby's bedtime around 7:30, I have to be careful that enough of her sleeping hours overlap with mine. And I'm still a necessary part of her 2-3 middle of the night snacks, so if I don't get to sleep soon enough, I feel like I'm being awoken before I've had any rest. This too shall pass. I'm recording our current sleep situation more for my memory than to complain or seek solidarity.
I do get to enjoy precious nap snuggles and sometimes I bring her in to the bed with me for the last shift of the morning once Daddy is at work to get a little extra sleep, and she inevitably scoots right next to me. That's pretty sweet. And most days we don't have anywhere to be in the morning, so my alarm clock is definitely more adorable than yours. And now I really will end my rambles for the day and start winding down for the night. Blessings and sweet dreams to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment