Monday, September 16, 2013

Good Food Weekend

We ate well this weekend. We did other things well, too, but describing all of them would make for an extremely disjointed post, and I save those for Five on Friday. :)

First up, on Friday night I made homemade pizza. Crust and all from scratch. This is a time-intensive, labor of love, but it is so good. And eating leftover homemade pizza throughout the weekend is so much better than leftover delivery/takeout pizza. I've written about my favorite type of homemade pizza before, but Husband likes sauce on his pizza, and we added some more stuff this time to make it semi-healthier.

Enter fire-roasted tomato pizza sauce. This stuff was delicious, and it made it almost worth it to have sauce on my masterpiece. :) Disclaimer: I am not being compensated for anything I write on this blog at this time and so any recommendations are truly because I like that product or brand or whatever. I would like to be compensated for my opinion, so if you would like to send me stuff or money, please comment below. :)

In addition to my classic combination of sausage and sauteed zucchini, we added tomatoes and mushrooms. And then topped with lots of mozzarella cheese. And baked until it was all bubbly and gooey and delicious. Then we proceeded to eat lots of caesar salad and an entire pizza on Friday night. But, don't worry friends, my crust recipe makes enough for two pizzas, so we had leftovers.


On Saturday morning I tried a new recipe to make lemon poppyseed muffins (with very few poppy seeds because I ran out while making the muffins so that none of our friends would be accused of having an opiate addiction on the off chance that they had to take a drug test). They were delicious, and now that I have restocked my supply of poppy seeds, I just might make them again soon.

Then, on Saturday night Husband's parents took us out to dinner at Mimi's Cafe. We love that place, and it's one of the few restaurants where I always order something different, and it's always good. If you haven't been to Mimi's, drop what you're doing and make plans to go there ASAP (or when your budget and schedule allow).

Sunday was a hodge podge of leftovers, green smoothies, and appetizers turned into dinner from Farm Rich. We tried the mozzarella bites and fried pickles, and they were delicious. 

We're jumping back on the "we eat at home because it's good for our waistlines and wallets" bandwagon this week, and I have some exciting new recipes I'll be trying (thanks to fellow bloggers and Pinterest). I'll be sure to let you know if any of them are a success/worth sharing.

Happy eating, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment