Monday, January 13, 2014

Super Belated Christmas Recap

We had a very merry Christmas and are having a great start to a happy new year!
Our Christmas mantle
Husband and I kicked off our Christmas-ing by exchanging gifts and stockings with each other on the Friday before Christmas. We also ate Christmas tacos, which are definitely a thing because I have now made them three or four years in a row. We exchange three gifts each, which Husband interprets loosely to mean that he can buy me as many things as he wants and then wrap them and tie them together with ribbon into "three" packages. I'm not complaining, but I follow the rules legalistically, so he only gets three gifts. We're hoping this new family tradition will help us keep Christmas in our immediate family (with a kiddo next year) simple and meaningful. And not break the bank because we also have lots of extended family members who we want to purchase/make gifts for. (Please ignore all the grammatical rules broken in the previous sentence.)
Our petite Christmas tree
On Saturday, we celebrated with Husband's immediate family, and we ate from a delicious baked potato bar and were blessed with several gifts that have already been put to use. Our niece and nephew make Christmas fun, and we got in lots of play time with them over the holidays, too.

After church on Sunday, we headed to my parents' house and hung out with them for a couple of days (including finishing some shopping and seeing my dad's parents) before heading to my sister's townhouse on Christmas Eve. Sister is a new ICU nurse, so she had to work Christmas Eve night, but we got to celebrate with her when she wasn't working or sleeping and with the rest of my mom's family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
My family on Christmas Day
We drove home on the 26th and stopped by Husband's parents house to visit for a bit with his aunt, uncle, and grandma. All the driving was hard on my ever-more-pregnant self, but I'm glad we got to see so many family members, especially since our travel will look significantly different in the future.

Hope your new year is off to a wonderful start!

No comments:

Post a Comment