Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Nursery Preview

I'll post an abundance of (non-blurry, taken with a nice camera rather than an iPhone) pictures once the nursery is actually complete, but I wanted to give an update for anyone anxious to see how the paper doll art and alphabet have been incorporated into the room. I'm waiting to finish the curtains, add the changing pad, complete the embroidery hoop display above her crib, and add the custom crib skirt before I officially call the nursery "done," but we're so close, and the room that I dreamed up has turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself.

Husband's parents generously provided us with the glider/recliner, which is one of the most comfortable places in our home for my oh-so-pregnant self to relax. I've been spending lots of time in there soaking in all the preciousness and reading the final informative books on my "Preparing for Baby" checklist.
The quilt on the back of the chair was made by Husband's sister and includes coordinating fabric used elsewhere in the nursery and scraps from the bridesmaid dress she wore in our wedding. I love it!

My parents purchased her crib and the dresser, which we had refinished exactly the way I wanted, so a lot of love and support has gone into making my vision a reality. The display above the dresser includes a custom sketch of me by the costume designer from the children's theatre I acted at during elementary school, Great is Thy Faithfulness sheet music, pinafores from when Husband's sister was a baby, and a Madame Alexander doll that was a gift from my grandmother. I think the vintage alphabet theme that I was going for is perfectly balanced with the new and old elements throughout the nursery.

She obviously isn't lacking any headbands or hair bows, which is just the way we like it.

I'm looking forward to lots of snuggle time, reading sessions, and play time in our little girl's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment