Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome to My Mind

Should I be blogging right now? Probably not. I have several other things on my plate, but as an English major who has developed an aversion to writing, this is my foray into the digital world in which everyone feels the need to know everything about each other. Facebook statuses and term papers have failed to fill the need I have to explore my writing voice, and I enjoy reading other peoples' thoughts, so here is my contribution to the blogosphere. Although I do hope someone can enjoy reading my ramblings, this experiment is mainly one to satisfy a personal desire to find my voice. I promise not to divulge too much of myself in this blog. If you seek a deeper relationship with me, you will have to be what might be considered passe and actually spend time with me in person. And, along that vein, I will promise a few more things to any potential readers this project might attract.

1. I promise to edit my writing and minimize typographical errors.

2. I promise to be honest and keep what I consider to be a somewhat entertaining flow of thoughts.

3. I promise not to post every day because I am busy interacting with people through venues other than the world wide web and my cell phone.

On that note, here's a brief list of facts about me:

I am a newly wed graduate student whose ideas of fun are somewhat old-fashioned. I love to cook, play board games, and read. All of those activities are more fun with my husband. Maybe in a later post I'll share some thoughts about my studies, living on a budget, baking experiments, or whatever I feel passionate about. We shall see together, how this experiment in writing develops, my potential reader(s). Hopefully, future posts will have more coherence and follow a less scattered train of thought. No promises about that, though. :)

1 comment:

  1. Jordan, I am delighted that you are starting this blog. I look forward to reading whatever you care to write on it.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete