Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall Favorites

I decided to take a break from blogging about all things baby, even though my life is currently 99.9% baby-centric. As luck would have it, one of the blogs I follow (Hannah's) had a post about fall favorites and a link up option, so this is my response to the fall favorite questions from The Circle.

1. Favorite fall fashion/clothing item?
Boots are always one of the first things to come out of my closet once it's officially fall. And this year, since my wardrobe is based around nursing-friendly attire, I'm looking forward to being able to throw on a nursing tank, scarf, and slouchy cardigan. Who am I kidding? I have three slouchy cardigans and a dozen scarves, and I look forward to wearing them every year.
2. Favorite fall drink?
This is super stereotypical, but I really like Pumpkin Spice Lattes. And salted caramel lattes and all the lattes. I have a recipe for a PSL that I need to try soon (with decaf coffee). I'll let you know how it works out.
3. What's something on your fall bucket list?
I'd kind of like to take a picture of my baby girl in a carved out pumpkin. Is this practical? No. Will I actually do it? We'll see. :)
4. Favorite fall recipe?
Pumpkin walnut bread is my go-to fall recipe. I usually try to bring a few loaves to Thanksgiving because I am one of many women in the family who like to cook, and the moms, aunts, and grandmothers always take care of the main courses, dessert, and side dishes. I try to contribute something, so breakfast bread is my thing.
5. Halloween candy or Pumpkin Spice Latte?
Can I have both? I am sustaining another human life here, so I think I deserve both in small portions. And be sure to include a mini Twix and Hershey bar in my Halloween candy allotment.
6. Favorite fall scent?
Cinnamon and pumpkin. Anything with either of those involved smells good to me. Oh, and if we had cool, crisp fall air rather than muggy humidity, that might be my favorite scent.
7. Favorite fall holiday?
I am looking forward to taking our little pumpkin to the Halloween event at her grandparents' church, but Thanksgiving is definitely my favorite. We get to see both sides of the family, eat lots of good food, and Husband has a week off of school. What's not to love?
8. What is fall (weather) like where you live?
Eh, the weather here is starting to cool off, which means our highs are in the mid-80s. We've had some rainy days, and those are nice when we don't have to go anywhere, but I'd prefer a bit more crispness in the air and highs in the 60s. We also have the lovely advantage of high humidity year-round where I live, but we get to spend the holidays in cooler climes, so I'll try to focus on the positives.

Have a blessed Fall day! And let me know what seasonal stuff makes you smile in the comments or by joining the link up. Just for fun, here's baby girl all dressed up and ready for fall.

2 comments:

  1. The smell of cinnamon is the besttt. And I also love boots and Twix candy, too. :) I hope you get a chance to take a photo of your daughter in a pumpkin! That sounds like a really cute and fun photo!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here for The Circle!!! :)

    Your excitement over your daughter really warmed my heart (I feel old saying that...and weird...but I'm being serious) tonight! She is precious and I'm glad she's yours! :)

    The picture will be super cute and you could take one for as many years as she fits in pumpkins. Who knows, you may even find a HUGE pumpkin when she's nearly grown and then you'll have to do it for old time's sake. I love traditions like that. :)

    ReplyDelete