Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's Been a Long, Long Time

The problem with getting behind on blogging is that updating on all the wonderful events that have happened since my last post seems insurmountable. So, without any promises to ever post about the summer (which really was busy and wonderful) I'm beginning again with my dedication to blogging.

This weekend was a good combination of productivity and relaxing. Husband and I spent our Saturdays separately. He had work events and a gig, while I went to the eye doctor, saw The Help*, and bought a week's worth of groceries. I finished out the day putting together a late dinner and reading before bed.

*See The Help. It is not a chick flick. It is an everyone flick, as in everyone should go see it because it will make you laugh, cry, and think about how you treat people. Consider this your recommendation/hearty endorsement.

I'll probably go to see The Help again once Husband has read the book. He likes to read and then watch movies, and I support that generally, so it'll probably be a couple weeks.

Today we visited a local church for the third time and went out to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory with some couples from church. If you haven't had their lemon ricotta pancakes, (or anything else I've ever tried on the menu) those have my endorsement as well. We've really felt welcome at this church and are excited about continuing to visit.

Sunday afternoon naps, followed by coupon clipping, sharing a slice of cheesecake, and trying a new recipe (zucchini boats stuffed with sausage, onions, garlic, and cheese) rounded out the weekend. I have one more week of full time work before my final semester of grad classes starts, and next weekend our niece turns 3, so there should be plenty to update and some pictures in the next post.

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment